Steve King - our sock-foot drummer.

I was born in 1969 and started playing drums at age 18. I have been interested in playing drums since I was a little boy. The interest came when I started watching the drummer at my church. My mother finally had to break down and buy me a set of drums, because I was driving her crazy beatin' on all the pots and pans in the house. I attend Praise Temple Church of God in Sumner. I am so thankful the Lord put this group together and to be a part of it. I enjoy Southern Gospel music. This ministry is about seeing God move and people getting saved. I thank the Lord for my family; my wife, Johnna, and my three children, Jason, Bradley and Stephanie - Steve King

If you ever get the chance to see us at one of our sings, try to get a glimpse of Steve's feet while he is playing the drums. Most of the time, he is in his socks because he is just more comfortable without his shoes on. He just about stands up and plays, as his enthusiasm in the Spirit often causes him to bounce pretty high on his stool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and ya do a awesome job

Unknown said...

Thanks Steve for sharing your thoughts and experience. I think it is the blessing of God to you to a Gospel Singer.

Deleon Richards